new york botanical garden horticultural classes

I get asked a lot of where/how do you start if you want to learn floral design?

I started young, always picking wildflowers at my country farmhouse as a little girl. I would make posies of my mother's peonies in early june, flox in mid summer and wildflowers from the fields during late Indian summers. I wanted to learn more though, the design mechanics that books can not teach. I chose to study horticulture at BYU-Idaho and took many floral design classes along with it as I earned my bachelors degree. But that doesn't help those who are ask me and live local, now that I live in the NYC metro area.

I've come across New York Botanical Gardens adult horticultural education classes. In-depth summer classes taught by top notch professionals in Floral Design, Landscape design or Gardening with a NYBG Certificate at the end of the class. They sound ideal for the person looking to change careers or just learn the floral design art. For me the landscape design classes sound intriguing, and I took basic ones in college, I would love to further my knowledge. Summer classes start July 8th! More information here.
all images copyright of NYBG

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love

Related Posts with Thumbnails