you must allow me to tell you...

I have recently been on a Jane Austen kick. It seems like it 's the perfect time of year to curl up with one of her books, especially around Valentine's Day. I am currently reading Northanger Abbey and watched the 3 part PBS Masterpiece theater presentation of Emma.
I loved it and highly recommend it!

I coveted Mr. Churchill's brown boots for myself and loved Mr. Elton's disheveled hair. I had never before made the correlation between the story of Emma and the movie Clueless, which I admit is one of my all time favorites. "Wait a minute... I love Josh!!!" vs when Emma finds her hidden love for Mr. Knightley.

Jane Austin is perfect for a romantic valentine's post without going overboard on hearts and flowers ;)

mr. darcy bewitched print by theloveshop
jane austin silhouette tile at cafepress
mr. darcy proposal dish towel by brookish
new edition of Emma by penguin classics
mr. darcy screenprinted towel by elloh
persuasion mug at art meets matter

a happy valentine's day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave some love

Related Posts with Thumbnails